Bravo sir, I commend you for bringing us the opportunity to BLAM the lights out of these nasty trends. Mistaking wall jumps for double jumps got me killed on the 4th boss.
A Calculator, and that's it.
It's important to learn Action Script if you wish to create Gadgets, Games or any other extensively dynamic content, but that doesn't imply you should submit it.
Don't get me wrong, a Calculator can be useful, but this one is just too simple to be useful to anyone (after all, most OS's and even some cell phones come with a Calculator).
I encourage you to ignore whatever happens to this submission, and save these simple Action Script exercises to yourself.
Once you can come up with a better use for your skills and knowledge, then you can make something worth submitting.
If you insist on sticking to calculators, the following sugestions might help:
- Take advantage of your OS's (probably Windows) calculator to get an idea of what it should look like (notice it doesn't have more than 1 text box and how compact they made it to avoid wasting space).
- If you want to go wild on the layout \ design, at least don't do something that's worse then your OS's calculator.
- Give it more functionality, a random number generating button is one functionality that most calculators don't have and could come in handy.
- Make it FAST, I know my computer is old but that's no excuse to have a Calculator give me a white screen before it was fully loaded, if you can't make it fast, preload it.
- Finally, if you want to make an awesome calculator, make one where you just have a text box, type "4+3-1*6/2" and press enter to get the answer "4".
PS: Sound is optional and pretty useless on a calculator.
but some of your ideas, I dont know how to do in AS3
2. I will be updating this so people see how well I can do so please give this at least a 5 or 6.
Not exactly new or interesting.
While moving the ragdoll in circles, the movement felt rather slow (small G force ?).
The physics seemed correct in the other departments.
It will be good, eventually...
But for now, keep working on it.
PS: I noticed that I couldn't upgrade my Arrow Tower's damage.
I noticed that too, I went back to the code and one of the checks was wrong, fixed now.
With a few improvements this could be a decent casual game.
I suggest adding more action to the game, like having NG get chance of getting hacked that lowers your clicks or users once it starts getting famous.
Some extra information could be helpful or does buying a game from Armor Games only increase your "grade" ? Because that's not worth 100 million dollars, you can get more "grade" by buying that many high-grade flash games.
Also the interface needs a lot of improvement, it's far too basic and not very pleasing.
This could become decent.
But for now the physics are pretty hard to play with.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.